Sunday, July 31, 2016

A521.9.4.RB_MalvoisinLeon


I’ve been a team lead for couple years now, and I have always wondered what kind of leadership I should be when I become a manager.  Taking this course has enlighten me a lot about different leadership styles, and when I become a manager I would become an interactive type of manager.  Reading through the dimension of leadership described by Denning, interactive leadership works with the world rather than against (Denning 2010).  This will impact the way I lead in the future because I’ve always work in a team environment and this is the perfect approach to successfully lead a team.  It support collaboration and progression.  This type dimension will manifest in a problem solving situation where it is critical to solve the problem on a timely manner.  As identify by Denning (2010), employing the interactive mode of leadership means engaging the world with a mind-set of active participation rather than detached observation.

In addition, interactive leadership builds on personal integrity and authenticity (Denning, 2010).  Leadership that connects.  For example, as a manager I will get to know each of my employees and what they see themselves doing in the company for the next five years. I will promote employees engagement and program that will help them achieve their goals in the organization.  Clear conversation is the key to achieve and overcome any obstacles.  Working in a team environment, communication is a critical skill as everyone has to be on the same page in other to successfully achieve their objective.  Communication will be one of the top priority of my team when I become a manager. I have seen way too many teams that failed due to poor communication.

Reference

Denning, S. (2011). The Leader’s Guide to Storytelling: Mastering the Art and Discipline of Business Narrative. San Francisco, CA:  Jossey – Bass.

No comments:

Post a Comment